Monday 16 April 2012

Novel Possibilities

Over the course of the last few weeks I have taken my show on the road, so to speak, and given presentations to numerous service clubs etc. about the changes taking place in the publishing industry.

I use a power point presentation that I put together myself, which basically explains the immense possibilities available to self published authors as opposed to the control formerly exerted by major publishing houses.




The slides chronicle my journey through the learning curve of digital self-publishing and paperback formatting and printing.

Initially I was nervous about doing this, wondering if people would be interested. I can only say the interest has been tremendously positive.

Why is this? I think many people, particularly once they retire, have an urge to write and publish a book. It may be an autobiographical sort of story, perhaps about an odyssey they undertook, or like me they may have dreamed for many years about writing a successful novel.

Whatever the reason, there is a groundswell of interest out there in writing and publishing.

The trade off of these presentations for me of course is that I am getting my name out there and selling signed paperbacks! For example when I talk about Amazon author pages, it’s my page I show!

2 comments:

  1. Anne
    It sounds like your presentations are a great hit. What a wonderful way to share your knowledge and talent.
    Best Wishes
    Jo-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Jo-Ann. I do enjoy them. Reminds me of the good old days when I was a teacher. I love communicating with people.

    ReplyDelete