Saturday 1 June 2013

Agent Hunter

I recently subscribed to Agent Hunter, a website designed to help authors search for agents, agencies and publishers.
The appearance of the website is very attractive and the links are clear and easy to follow.


There are over 100 agents and agencies listed, and the search can be narrowed down, either by keywords, or size of agency, or preferences of agent, etc.
It is sortable and very practical.



There is a wealth of information on each agent, in fact sometimes I felt there was too much redundant information.

The site offers a handy list of FAQ’s about publishers to help determine if you need an agent or a publisher.

I am still plowing my way through the agents interested in my genre. Be aware this is a UK site and the agents and agencies listed are based in the UK. However the majority seem to accept overseas authors.

As a Canadian I was amused to see that when I narrowed down the publishers of romance, up popped Harlequin-a great Canadian company of course.

Annual subscription is 12 pounds sterling, but you can try before you buy. However, in the trial version almost all the pertinent information about agents is blurred out.




4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I'd love to know if you found it helpful once you spent some time on it and if it helped find an agent for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us informed as to how it works for you. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do, Marianne. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete